Sliderobes Group Ltd.’s Privacy Notice
This notice is the privacy notice of Sliderobes Group Limited, a company registered in Northern Ireland with company number NI017409 whose registered office address is at 61 Boucher Crescent, Belfast, Antrim, BT12 6HU (“Sliderobes Group”, “we”, “us”, “our”).
We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice aims to give you information on how we collect and process any personal data that you give us when you purchase a product or service, make an appointment or sign up to our brochure. It applies to personal information processed by or on behalf of us and is effective from 25th May 2018.
Changes to this privacy notice
Please note that this privacy notice may be changed from time to time by us updating it in order to reflect any changes in the law or our privacy practices. You are encouraged to check the privacy notice whenever you visit our website to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Sliderobes Group and the Data Protection Officer
For the purpose of data protection law in the UK, we are the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data.
For the purpose of this privacy notice, the “Group Companies” means Sliderobes Group (details of which are set out above), together with franchise partners trading as Sliderobes, including: Creative Furniture Limited (company number: 11150623 whose registered office is at 8 Oakland Drive, Bryncoch, Neath, United Kingdom, SA10 7ED), Inspirational Home Limited (company number: 06156133 whose registered office is at 37 Forrest Avenue, Marsh, Huddersfield, HD1 4PL), Custom Storage Solutions Limited (company number: 04505002 whose registered office address is at Sliderobes, 1 Goddard Road, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP1 5NP), Reddington Jordan Limited (company number: 01763120 whose registered office address is at Unit 3c Deacon Est, Forstal Rd, Aylesford Maidstone, Kent, ME20 7SP), Carlisle Bros and Co.(DETAILS TO BE CONFIRMED), Sliding Door Solutions Limited (company number: 05847593 whose registered office address is at 8 Farmhouse Close, Bottesford, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG13 0AF), Products of Distinction Limited (04685339 whose registered office address is at Little Court, Upper Lane, Gomersal, Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire, BD19 4JF), Gliding Doors Ltd (company number:05092739 whose registered office address is at Unit 3 Croft Trade Park, Welton Road, Bromborough, Wirral, CH62 3PAQ).
A Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) has been appointed who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. You can contact the DPO by writing to the above address, marking it for the attention of the DPO, or by email to DPO@sliderobes.com.
01. What kind of personal information about you do we process?
Personal information processed in connection with products and services provided, includes:
02. What is the source of your personal information?
- Personal and contact details, such as title, name, address and contact details, marital status, date of birth, gender, billing address, delivery address, postcode, email address and telephone numbers.
- Records of communications with you such as brochure requests, appointment notifications, contract and warranty letters (as appropriate).
- Transaction Data such as details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Financial Data such as bank account and payment card details.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
Personal information is sourced by direct interactions, for example, you may give us your identity, contact and financial data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, telephone, email or otherwise.
03. What do we use your personal data for?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
04. What are the legal grounds for our processing of your personal information (including when we share it with others)?
- Postal communications with you, where appropriate, such as brochures, promotional offers, appointment letters, warranty documents, invoices and accounting communications.
- To improve the business operations and managing our relationship with you.
- To monitor and to keep records of communications with you.
- For market research and analysis and developing statistics.
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations, requirements and guidance.
- To share information, as needed, with service providers (such as accompanying trades) as part of providing our products and services.
- To enable other Group Companies to perform any of the above purposes. Note we will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside the Group Companies for marketing purposes.
- To process and deliver your order including managing payments, fees and charges and collecting and recovering money owed to us.
- Registering new customers.
We rely on the following legal bases to use your personal data:
Where it is needed to provide you with information about Sliderobes Group products or services
- Providing information about the products and services; and
- Managing all stages and activities relevant to provision of the product or services including enquiry, delivery and installation, administration and management of accounts.
Where it is in our legitimate interests to do so
, such as:
- Managing products and services provided, updating your records, tracing your whereabouts to contact you about your account (where appropriate);
- To keep records of our communications with you;
- To administer good governance requirements and those of other Group Companies, such as internal reporting and compliance or administration required for reporting processes;
- For market research and analysis and developing statistics;
- For direct marketing communications. Marketing communications can be sent to you by email, post and social media and digital channels (for example, using Facebook and Google); and
- Where there is a need to share your personal information with people or organisations to run our business or comply with any legal and/or regulatory obligations.
With your consent or explicit consent
- For some direct marketing communications.
Note we have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulatory of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
05. When do we share your personal information with other organisations?
We may share information with the following third parties for the purposes listed above:
06. How and when can you withdraw your consent?
Where we’re relying upon your consent to process personal data
- The Group Companies and service providers;
- Business partners (for example, financial services institutions) and others who are a part of providing your products and services or operating our business;
- Other organisations and businesses who provide services such as back up and server hosting providers, IT software and maintenance providers, document storage providers and suppliers of other back office functions; and
- Market research organisations who assist in the development and improvement of our products and services.
, you can withdraw this at any time by contacting us using the details below.
07. Is your personal information transferred outside the UK or the EEA?
We’re based in the UK but sometimes your personal information may be transferred outside the European Economic Area. If we do so we’ll make sure that a similar degree of protection is afforded to it and that suitable safeguards are in place, for example by using approved contractual agreements, unless certain exceptions apply.
08. What should you do if your personal information changes?
Contact us with any changes to personal information and your records will be updated as appropriate.
09. Do you have to provide your personal information?
We might be unable to provide you with our products or services if you do not provide certain information. In cases where providing some personal information is optional, this will be made clear.
10. For how long is your personal information retained?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Unless explained otherwise to you, your personal information your personal data will be held based on the following criteria:
- For as long as there are reasonable business needs, such as managing the relationship with you and managing internal operations;
- For as long goods and/or services are provided to you; and/or
- Retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance.
11. What are your rights under data protection laws?
Here is a list of the rights that all individuals have under data protection laws. They don’t apply in all circumstances. If you wish to use any of them, the will be explained at that time if they are engaged or not.
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information;
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed;
- The right to object to processing of your personal information;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information;
- The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”);
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it;
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”); and
- Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you.
You have the right to complain to supervisory authority which enforces data protection laws: www.ico.org.uk
(UK) or www.dataprotection.ie
(Ireland). You can contact us using the details below.
12. Your right to object
You have the right to object to certain purposes for processing, in particular to data processed for direct marketing purposes and to data processed for certain reasons based on our legitimate interests. You can make contact by post or email to exercise these rights.
13. What are your marketing preferences and what do they mean?
We may use your home address, phone numbers, email address and social media or digital channels (for example, Facebook, Google and message facilities in other platforms) to contact you according to your marketing preferences.
You can opt out of any email or text marketing by following the unsubscribe links. You can also write to Sliderobes Group Ltd., 61 Boucher Crescent, Belfast, BT12 6HU, marking it for the attention of the DPO or email the DPO at DPO@sliderobes.com